Sunday, April 26, 2015

WEEK 14 assignment : Not (necessarily) the Future

I don’t think of the future as an establish reality all of us are heading toward. There are way too many possibilities that can emerge from things that happens along the way. I simply focus on the future in an individual level, a kind of future I’m able to create more than milestones of humanity that measured by advancement in technologies or societal progress. Although they’re vital to the world we live in, I think uncertainty is inevitable so as the nature of things.

If human has been wiped out by some forces it won’t be the end of everything, we just won’t be there. If you look at it other way, there’s a chance than human being is merely just a concept when all have been disassemble into quantum that belongs to nobody and perceivable or non perceivable matters that continues as chains of phenomenon. These are all in the end my personal worldview that can’t defy the uncertainty. While I’m passionate about it I found myself strangely detached from it. 

Many(like Stephen Hawking) said the future of humanity is on other planet. It’s an exciting idea but I doubt how much we can make of it if we’re still or may be eternally struggling to be in harmony with this earth we emerged from. If I’m to create a modern hero I’d make that person an arch antagonist with his or her self and put all the deepest wisdom into that antagonist and may be all other exterior antagonistic forces.


Perhaps I’m able to say all of this because I’m not so concern nor paranoid about the future as much as I used to anymore. It may sounds extremely cliche but I’ve come to realize or believe that to understand the way to create the future is to understand that ourselves and anything else are in a relationship that one affect another. This means that we are part of what’s make the future and to carry on to good one is to learn to make peace with things that exist in the present physically or mentally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment